At Onecall Electrical & Plumbing we are fully trained and insured to carry out installations, maintenance and repair works on oil boiler systems. Our services are available to domestic and commercial customers and we complete work on projects of all sizes, specialising in smaller jobs that can be overlooked by other contractors. All our tradesmen have been trained to the highest standard in order to guarantee the quality of our work. We pride ourselves on the efficiency of our work, completing all our jobs in a timely manner whilst strictly adhering to relevant health and safety standards.
To ensure your boiler system is correctly working we recommend having it regularly checked, particularly around the winter months when problems are more likely to arise. If you are experiencing any issues, we will be able to quickly diagnose and resolve the problem. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any queries you may have, we provide a free quote for all our work.
It is highly recommended that you get your oil boiler serviced once per year and the engineer should follow the steps in the oil boiler service checklist set out by the manufactures guidelines. An oil boiler service guarantees that your heating system is running at its optimum levels of efficiency and makes sure that no oil (and, to that end,
money) goes to waste needlessly when your oil boiler is in operation.
The service nips small problems in the bud which could potentially lead to expensive repairs being needed or a complete oil boiler breakdown in the future.
The main things that are completed during an oil boiler service are inspections of the oil boiler’s pipework, clearance area and ventilation. After that, the oil boiler is inspected, cleaned and reassembled. Finally, we will complete a flue gas analysis this will confirm that the boiler is running at its optimum performance and most efficient.
Below you will find an in-depth oil boiler service checklist which explains everything that you should demand / expect from your oil servicing engineer when they are carrying out an oil boiler service.
• Look for oil leaks from the tank itself as well as piping and fittings found above ground level.
• Look for visible damage in the form of corrosion on the boiler’s outer shell, flue, electrical controls, piping and any other components.
• Look for cracks in the firebox and on the target wall (where the burner fires to).
Check the Following:
• Check that the oil auto fire valve is fitted and functioning correctly.
• Check that air inlets to the oil boiler room / oil burner are of sufficient size and are not blocked.
• Check for cracks and other forms of damage on the burner refractory.
• Clean and adjust (when necessary) spark electrodes.
• Clean and check the burner and air tube.
• Check the ignition transformer, porcelain and HT cable for cracks and deterioration.
• Check the flame photocell and clean it if necessary.
• Check and clean the oil boiler’s side heat transfer surfaces.
• Check that the high limit thermostat is working properly.
• The burner nozzle should be replaced.
• The burner’s oil pressure should be adjusted to obtain the correct length and shape in regards to the burner’s flame.
• When all of the aforementioned aspects of the oil boiler service are completed, a flue gas analysis test should be carried out. This is
to make sure that the oil boiler is operating at its maximum levels of efficiency.
• Check that the time clock is working properly.
• Check that zone valves and thermostats are working properly.
Please note that while this is what usually takes place in relation to an oil boiler service checklist, no two oil boilers are the exact same.
Some systems might need certain specifics which are slightly different to those outlined above. In all cases, it is considered best practice to conform to the manufacturer’s guidelines when having an oil boiler service carried out.
Contact Onecall Electrical & Plumbing for all your oil boiler needs. We cover the whole of Cork including Macroom, Coachford, Ballincollig, Mallow, Farran, Donoughmore, Blarney, Bweeng, Dromahane, Cork City, Inniscarra, Dripsey, Buttevant, Charleville and more.